Automate Offboarding in Jira Cloud
According to the Work Institute, 35% of recruits will quit their employment each year to find another. Though some of them will never return to the earlier positions they left behind. Therefore, it’s important to say “good luck and see you” rather than ordering someone to go without more discussion. In this article, we’ll outline how to set up Jira’s offboarding procedure with Business Process Manager Jira.
Why is offboarding important?
70% of departing workers have equipment or access to a database. A structured employee offboarding procedure lets you get candid employee input on how to improve your business while reducing legal and security risks. Therefore, creating a business process is necessary.
This may include:
- removing credentials and access rights;
- delivering the equipment;
- carrying out exit interviews to collect feedback
Offboarding makes sure there are no loose ends when a worker quits the organization. To avoid situations like requesting a former employee’s ID card through email two weeks later, etc.
How can you set up the offboarding process in Jira Cloud?
We advise using the Business Process Manager (BPM) add-on to make sure no avoid missing some crucial tasks.
The essential actions you should perform to structure the process and Jira recurring tasks using the BPM plugin:
- Make a template that includes each process step.
- Add guidelines, checklists, and submission forms.
- Choose the assignee for each stage.
- Start the process whenever you need it.
1) You should list all the important steps in the offboarding process. Create a template and add all the processes and steps that need to be carried out or confirmed.
2) Complete each step with thorough information, a checklist, and other fields to fill out. Use the appropriate form’s menu to accomplish this.
3) Select a recipient so that the problems will send to the appropriate person and project. If another professional is in charge of this area, you can delegate each stage of the process to them.
4) Great! Now you can save the template and start the offboarding procedure as necessary. In a split second, all tasks will be generated. Additionally, you won’t skip any crucial steps.
The assignee of the task will have access to all the necessary data and forms.
You can monitor the offboarding progress in real-time on the Processes tab. Moreover, you always know the process details – at what stage the offboarding of the employee is, who is responsible for the delays.
How can Jira Automation help to automate the starting process?
Consider that you are working on a distinct project named Offboarding Employees. If many steps are required to fire the employee, the head of each department may assign a job there. Without BPM, you should manually assign tasks to each team member. If you already have a process template, go to the add-on and start running it. However, Jira Automation makes it more automated.
The basic steps to take:
- get a link to start the process
- add new automation rule
To get the Template Start URL, go to the process, click three dots and copy the link(as it’s shown on the screen below).
Then, go to your Project and create a new automation rule that will start the process each time a task is created in this project.
Everything is set! We believe that by formalizing your offboarding process, your business will gain a positive reputation. Take into account that you can perform such a procedure not only with onboarding or offboarding but with all processes. That’s how Business Process Manager can help to save time and make your workflow more automated!
How do you set up your business’s processes? Would you want to try the BPM add-on? If you would, please leave a comment below. Your comments would be appreciated.
If you have some doubts, just start a free trial. Then make a decision when you want to start using the BPM add-on.