Finding someone trustable to look after your house, pets, plants, etc. in your absence can be quite difficult. This is the reason why a lot of people think a lot before planning a long vacation to some other city. However, there are professional home sitters who you can definitely trust on. All you have to do is know how to pick the right option. So, let us provide you some easy tips on how to get a home sitter you can rely on.
But first of all, it is vital to figure out if you really need a house sitter for your home. There are certain situations in which hiring a house sitter turns out to be highly important. Some of them are-
- You have children or pets at your home, and you want them to be taken care of
- You are going out of station, and you don’t want your house to look like a deserted one. A deserted house after all is quite vulnerable to theft and robbery.
- You will be away for a long time, and you want someone to take care of the garden, collect your mail, clean the backyard, drive your vehicle once in a while, etc.
It is quite possible that you might find someone who would be quite willing to look after your property. If you trust him/her, it can definitely help you save some good amount of money. Plus, if the person is really a trustable one, you will also get the much needed peace of mind during your vacation.
Online resources can be of great help
In case you didn’t find someone you know to look after your house in your absence, you can seek online help. There are many online sites where you can come across plenty of recommendations from users you already know. Sites dedicated to house sitters offer you a wide range of options to choose from. You can pick an option according to the pricing plan. The price depends mainly on the duration of membership. Some sites allow free registration, while some charge a nominal amount of fee. In the end, it is the reputation of the service provider that matters.
Test them out
Before finalizing a service provider, it is always better to take a demo session. Test run will provide you ample idea about the abilities and experience of the house sitter you want to hire. If you like the behavior and way of working of the house sitter, and his/her service is within your budget, you have enough reasons to hire him/her. Discussing the details about his/her services will also help you know if he/she can be trusted or not.
The way a house sitter treats your kids, pets, and car definitely matters a lot. If your pet is not feeling comfortable in the presence of the house sitter then you should not consider hiring that person. Hence, in-depth test is vital before you handover the keys of your house to that person.
Equip your house sitter with the necessary tools
Once you have figured out the right option, i.e. someone you can rely on, it is the time to provide him/her the necessary tools and details. In this way, he/she will be able to perform his/her duties in a much better way. So, let us take a look at the details you must provide them.
- A complete tour of your house, particularly the ones that need to be cleaned regularly.
- Contact details and numbers the house sitter needs to use at the time of emergency. You should provide him/her an easy way to get in touch with you.
- In case they should look forward to visitors (for example- your family members, relatives, colleagues, etc.) In such cases, they should have an answer ready. So, it is important for you to discuss these things with the house sitter.
- You should also provide information to the house sitter if you have nosey neighbours.
- In case someone parks his or her car on your property, what should the house sitter do; this is also something you need to discuss with the professional.
- In case the house sitter is caring for your pet, you should handover some cash which can be used by him/her for any emergency services.
- In case you are going away from your house for several months, it is also important to make clear how the utility bills will be paid.
So, those were the main points that should not be missed at any case. Considering these points will surely help you in finding a better house sitter for your upcoming needs. Having some patience is absolutely vital in the beginning. Victoria house sitting are known for offering highly reliable services. You can trust them.