CLAY AIKEN COMES FULL CIRCLE WITH ALBUM OF TIMELESS CLASSICS

Clay Aiken has never sounded more at home than he does singing the lushly arranged classics on his fifth studio album Tried and True – the international pop phenomenon’s first album for Decca Records. Showcasing Aiken’s powerful voice and considerable interpretive gifts, the new CD is comprised of songs from the ’50s and ’60s that Aiken grew up listening to as a child.   The platinum-selling artist and idol to many has arguably never sounded better.   Tried and True will be available everywhere on June 1st.

For Aiken, Tried and True (so named because he feels the songs have stood the test of time) was about getting back to himself after a career performing more pop-oriented material. “There are a lot of elements to this album that are about me returning to what I’m comfortable with,” Aiken says. “To me, older songs are more melodically appealing and beautiful. So doing this album was an opportunity to just be myself.”

www.clayonline.com

15 comments for “CLAY AIKEN COMES FULL CIRCLE WITH ALBUM OF TIMELESS CLASSICS

1. radio buzz
    May 19, 2010 at 1:55 am

Jazzy Management and Black Fridai Present

2. Flo
    May 16, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Oh my! I have listened to “Misty” and it is so dreamy and sexy..its unbelievable. I will most certainly be buying this cd. In fact, I have already pre-ordered the Special CD/DVD from Amazon. What a wonderful singer and entertainer he is. I will also be attending his concert in Melbourne, Florida.

3. J Sizzle
    May 16, 2010 at 10:09 am

I’m so sick of all you “so called” Clay Aiken fans–you all make me sick! And as for you Big Daddy you need to just shut your mouth because you don’t know shit about REAL music then! haha I’m coming for you and all the rest of you losers out there and Clay I’m comin’ for you!! haha!

Sizzle

4. May 12, 2010 at 9:20 am

What do you care? Clay is super talented and he is a real musician. Maybe you should give him a listen before you question all of us. 5 million + fans cannot be all wrong!

5. 2J Times
    May 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm

What’s up with all these Clay Aiken fans! I mean I’m just sayin’–seriously??? lol

6. Janie
    May 10, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I am really looking forward to this new album. Clay sings so well. This album will be perfect for his voice.

Thanks for posting the information.

7. LD
    May 10, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Glad to hear this . I wondered where he was . That beautiful voice belongs in the muisc world .

8. kta
    May 10, 2010 at 6:09 pm

I am so excited for this cd, tour and PBS special. Can’t wait to hear Clay’s beautiful voice!

9. Melissa
    May 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Clay Aiken is such a Talented Man, not only has he been Blessed with an AWESOME VOCAL ABILITY but he so commands the stage and Definitely has a Wonderful Presence. Absolutely Looking Forward to his fifth studio cd. A Polished and Witty Entertainer……………

10. Llana
    May 10, 2010 at 4:47 pm

finger snapping smooth as silk voice and sound, can’t wait to hear the whole album.

11. Cyndy
    May 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm

He sounds wonderful singing these classics. Can’t wait till the CD drops on June 1 and his PBS special in August.

12. katy
    May 10, 2010 at 3:26 pm

I really like the retro 50’s look and Clay’s interpretation of these classics. Good to see him back in town.

13. boots
    May 10, 2010 at 3:23 pm

The previews of the songs and the special sound amazing.
    I’m thrilled to be going to my first Clay concert this summer and what a great bonus that Ruben will be there with him.

14. corinne
    May 10, 2010 at 2:59 pm

He sounds great singing these songs. His recent concert introducing the CD was amazing and will be on different PBS stations in August. The CD comes out June 1st and I cannot wait to hear it!!!!!

15. MolliLu
    May 10, 2010 at 2:38 pm

And true to himself he is. He’s never sounded better and I’m looking forward to his PBS special and getting this CD. A few if the snippets are available at www. clayonline.com and at youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MT7vyxzxEY. I can see why he and Ruben are touring together, to remind us all of where we heard this amazing voice.