CLAY AIKEN SELLS OUT SPECIAL ONE NIGHT ONLY RALEIGH EVENT IN MINUTES

After being on-sale to the public for just minutes, Clay Aiken sold out the Memorial Auditorium in his hometown, Raleigh, NC for his special one night only concert event on Friday, March 12.

The singer put limited tickets on sale for fan club members on Tuesday, February 16th.   Tickets were then made available for the general public at noon on Friday, February 19th.   Fans flooded the online ticket sites and phone lines for the opportunity to be the first to hear Aiken’s new music selling out the singer’s special one night only show in mere minutes.

www.clayaiken.com

31 comments for “CLAY AIKEN SELLS OUT SPECIAL ONE NIGHT ONLY RALEIGH EVENT IN MINUTES

1. Sophie
    March 7, 2010 at 3:16 am

He may not be everyones cuppa tea but the man can truely sing that’s for sure.
    Wish I was making a trip to Raleigh it proves to be an exciting night..

The day that the brokers don’t buy blocks of tickets to scalp will be about damn time..

2. corinne
    March 7, 2010 at 1:36 am

Those tickets available on ebay have been PURCHASED. The venue SOLD them to someone. All artists have to deal with brokers and independent entrepreneurs trying to make a buck. The problem happens when fans get shafted into lesser seats and venues have nothing to offer locals at the box office.

Look at ebay for any artist. It’s a common problem. Bruce Springsteen just filed a lawsuit over it. There has to be a better way.

3. Sunny
    March 5, 2010 at 11:55 pm

For anyone who wants tickets there are hundreds available. Go to Ebay or Stub Hub. they must call it a sell out because all the tickets are bought by these groups trying to make money on them but there are a ton of them out there so no sell out in minutes. Dream on. Clay has lost a ton of fans. Not because he is gay but because he misled and lied to his fans for five years. Look at his Ebay . He used to be a big seller now you can’t give his junk away. But lots of tickets for you that are not selling.

4. Jo Orman
    February 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I saw Clay’s last concert in Pala, in Los Angeles, and again in Asheville. If I could get a ticket, I’d go to Raleigh now! I’m not rich, and I’m not a claymate (not part of an organized group), but I love Clay and his concerts were among the best times I’ve had in my life. And I’ve had a good life! Haters should know by now that they can’t put Clay down; he’s unsinkable. Doesn’t matter what is said: Clay’s coming out on top, where he belongs.

5. Flo
    February 27, 2010 at 9:57 am

I am so glad that his concert is sold out! That’s what usually happens with someone so talented as he is. The man is so intelligent and compassionate in his causes. As an entertainer, he cannot be beat. Cannot wait for his cd to be released. I will be the first one in line to get that gem.

6. Jane February 25,2010
    February 25, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I am so happy that the Clay Aiken one night concert Sold Out! He is an awesome talent, and a wise, intelligent man who is going to show others how not to be bullied as young people and as an adult. His compassion for others stands out in his National Inclusion Project. He not only has an open heart for others, but a VOICE that should be heard and enjoyed.

7. annie
    February 25, 2010 at 2:26 pm

yksask,
    It is so generous of you to share your ticket. I’m sure if you post your offer on one of the Clay boards you will find a taker. Wish that I could go but the time is not right for me. :-(

There are a few balcony seats available and maybe some that bought tickets and
    can’t make it are selling them at Ebay, not for a profit.

8. annie
    February 25, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I’m so happy for Clay and for us Clay fans. I just hope he will be touring very soon.
    Many of us are not able to make it to this one time only concert.
    I’m happy that Clay has so many fans.

I’m so looking forward to this PBS special and to his new CD.

9. Joni
    February 25, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself, if you have never seen Clay in concert please believe me you don’t know what your missing. We are driving in from New Jersey but believe me I would walk to Raleigh to see Clay, he has it all.

10. Chris
    February 25, 2010 at 1:05 am

Looks like there are a very few random seats in the far back corner. I was dying toI go but the timing is wrong for me to travel. I will have to wait until June to catch it on PBS television. Looks like it will be an amazing evening.

11. sienna
    February 24, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Good luck, Clay! Sold out or not sold out, it does not matter!
    The talent remains in you! Get them, kiddo!
    You deserve every bit of everything! You have been through
    rough times fending off unwanted attention from uninvited sources,
    but somehow, you’ve always managed to keep your composure. People tried
    to put you down but self-confidence and good spirit managed to pull you
    up to the surface. Be proud of yourself, your accomplishments and be proud
    of what you have! More power to you! We will be waiting for the SPECIAL and the new CD!