There are many people who have realized the numerous benefits that CBD oil can provide. Many people take CBD oil for mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. Other people take CBD to help them with chronic pain. Even if you purchase CBD from one of the best Mesa dispensary establishments in the local area, it may eventually expire. Because you have spent a lot of money on your CBD, you need to make sure it lasts as long as possible. How can you get as much use out of your CBD purchase as possible? Take a look at a few tips below.
Understand the Factors that Impact Shelf Life
Unfortunately, CBD oil does eventually expire. In general, the shelf life of CBD oil should last between one and two years. There are numerous factors that will play a role in how long your CBD oil is going to last. A few of the biggest factors include:
- The quality of the CBD oil is going to play a major role. Better CBD oil is going to last longer. The growing conditions, quality of the plants, and quality of the ingredients will all impact how long your CBD oil will survive.
- If CBD oil has flavoring in it, this could cause it to expire faster. The flavoring in CBD oil also has its own shelf life. If the flavoring expires, then the product is bad. You may want to select CBD oil that does not have flavoring in it if you want it to last longer.
- The packaging will also play a role in how long your CBD oil will last. Amber bottles are designed to keep out sunlight. If the container is airtight, it will last longer. If a BD oil has been packaged appropriately, it should last longer.
- Finally, how the CBD is stored is also going to impact how quickly it goes bad. If the CBD is exposed to a significant amount of light and heat, it is going to degrade faster. You should avoid sunlight and heat if you want to preserve the quality of your product.
So, how can you take care of your CBD so it lasts longer?
Preserving CBD Oil as Long as Possible
If you want to get as much use out of your CBD oil as possible, there are several storage tips you should follow. These include:
- In general, CBD is placed in packaging that will protect its quality. Therefore, keep CBD oil in the original package to protect it from Air, sunlight, and heat.
- Ideally, you should store CBD at room temperature. This means keeping your CBD in a room that is between 60 degrees Fahrenheit and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. If your CBD gets too hot, it is going to expire faster.
- You should store your CBD oil in a dark location. For example, you may want to keep it in a cabinet or a closet away from sunlight. Protecting your CBD from sunlight will help it last longer.
- Try to prevent your CBD oil from being exposed to sources of excessive heat or cold, as this will cause it to go bad faster. For example, try to keep the product away from windows, air conditioners, radiators, ovens, stoves, and refrigerators.
- When you are finished using your CBD oil, make sure you close the bottle properly. That way, you can prevent it from being exposed to outside contaminants that could cause it to go bad faster.
Of course, when you are purchasing CBD, read a few reviews and make sure the dispensary uses quality products and ingredients. That way, you know you are getting a product that will last as long as possible. If you combine good shopping habits with the tips above, you should get a few years of use out of CBD oil.
Protect your CBD Oil
Because you spend a lot of time and energy finding the right product, you need it to last as long as possible. Take a look at a few reviews and ratings before you make a purchase. Then, remember the important tips above. If you take the time to carefully consider your product under the right conditions, you should be able to get a few years of use out of your CBD oil. Furthermore, you will also preserve the ingredients, making sure you get the health benefits you are looking for. Protect your CBD oil and it will take care of you.