Two weeks ago I passed the OG0-091 exam. With the success in this exam, I have earned the TOGAF 9 Foundation credential. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and I would like to share it with you.
Before getting onto the story of my exam let me introduce myself to you. I have done my graduation and preparing to pursue a career in Enterprise Architecture. An industry professional family friend suggested this career to me. At that time I knew nothing about it. So he suggested me to get myself acquainted with the fundamental concepts of enterprise architect and framework. For this, I was suggested to get TOGAF 9 certification. That was the first time when I came to know about The Open Group and The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF). After that, I consulted the internet to get some knowledge about The Open Group and TOGAF. I found it to be an interesting career. As it was my first experience with the certification exam so I was blank about how to proceed. So I got back for the professional advice from my mentor. He gave me some pro tips about how to prepare for the exam as well as what to read for the exam. I downloaded the certification and exam content from the Open Group website. As suggested I checked ExamsTrust for the course material. I downloaded the free demo from ExamsTrust to evaluate it according to the TOGAF 9 OG0-091 course outline provided by Open Group. I found it good enough to go with. I obtained PDF + Testing Engine from ExamsTrust. I started preparation for the exam with this material. I found the OG0-091 exam dumps by ExamsTrust to be very useful due to the accuracy and professional approach. With the help of the training material by ExamsTrust, I was able to prepare for the exam in two months. I then appeared in the exam and passed it on my first attempt.
Following is an introduction to TOGAF, the OG0-091 exam, and the certification.
TOGAF by Open Group
TOGAF, introduced by The Open Group, is a proven enterprise architecture methodology and framework used by the world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency. It is an enterprise architecture standard, ensuring consistent standards, methods, and communication among enterprise architecture professionals, so that we can conduct our enterprise architecture work in a better way, including:
- An iterative process model supported by best practices
- A re-usable set of existing architecture assets
- Methods and tools for the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of an enterprise architecture
TOGAF is the acronym for The Open Group Architecture Framework and it was developed by The Open Group, a not-for-profit technology industry consortium that continues to update and reiterate the TOGAF.
TOGAF 9 Foundation
The purpose of certification to the TOGAF 9 Foundation qualification is to provide validation that the Candidate has gained knowledge of the TOGAF terminology, structure, and basic concepts, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF standard.
The learning objectives at this level focus on knowledge and comprehension.
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the TOGAF 9 standard
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those
responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
- Architects who are looking for a first introduction to the TOGAF 9 standard
- Architects who want to achieve Level 2 certification in a stepwise approach
The Value of this Certification
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF standard
- The core concepts of the TOGAF 9 standard
- The key terminology of the TOGAF 9 standard
- The ADM cycle and the objectives of each phase, and how to adapt and scope the ADM
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of Enterprise Architecture
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- The concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders
- The concept of building blocks
- The key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- The TOGAF reference models
- The TOGAF certification program
Certification is only achieved by passing the examination.
Examination Name: TOGAF 9 Part 1
Examination Type: Multiple-choice examination
40 questions/60 minutes
Open Book: NO
- Authorized accredited training organizations are able to provide access to this examination on-site.
- Pearson VUE test centers.
- At your home or in your office using Online Proctored delivery.
Candidates may choose how they wish to learn about the TOGAF 9 standard. Courses will be available
from The Open Group accredited training organizations and other training organizations.
TOGAF 9 Part 1 Exam
TOGAF 9 Part 1 Exam
OG0-091 – English
OG0-094 – Brazilian Portuguese
OG0-096 – Simplified Chinese
OG0-F91 – French
OG0-S91 – Latin American Spanish
Qualification upon passing:
TOGAF 9 Foundation (and partial credit towards the TOGAF 9 Certified qualification)
Authorized Examination Provider Test Centers and via Online Proctored/
Number of questions:
55% (22 out of 40 questions)
If you fail the test you must wait one month before another attempt
A Study Guide is available. The Practice Test included with the Study Guide is also available on its own.
An Accredited Training Course covering the TOGAF 9 Level 1 conformance requirements.
Take the exam after training with a TOGAF Accredited Training Course provider
Self-study and Schedule your exam with The Open Group Exam provider
Enterprise architecture and framework practices are required by every modern enterprise in both the private and public sectors. Government departments also require these practices. The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) is a globally accredited organization working for the standardization of these products. TOGAF certifications are acknowledged worldwide as credible credentials for architecture framework professionals. TOGAF 9 Foundation is a beginner level certification for those seeking a career in the field of enterprise architecture and framework.