Veriheal is a healthcare technology company that provides individualized cannabis education and wellness. Their website offers information on the state of cannabis legalization in different state and you can make an appointment with a medical marijuana doctor in your area via the platform. Additionally, Veriheal’s blog covers common questions and cannabis news. So, if you want to know anything about cannabis smoking devices or the best cannabutter recipes, Veriheal is the website to go to. Read on to learn more about medical marijuana cards in the U.S.
The State of Marijuana Medical Cards
The recent number of medical marijuana cardholders has significantly increased since the legalization of adult recreational cannabis in several more states. The journey culminating in the present state of the medical marijuana space in the country has been long. The first approval of adult use of medical marijuana was in 1996 in California.
In 2012, the states of Washington and Colorado legalized adult recreational marijuana use. This paved the way for other states to follow suit. In 2020, five more states became the latest followers in the legalized medical marijuana movement. Although these are big wins for cannabis consumers, there are huge benefits if you have an MMJ card.
Benefits of Being a Medical Marijuana Cardholder
15 States have legalized recreational and medical marijuana use. However, people tend to shun medical marijuana cards when their state legalizes the use of marijuana. Yet, marijuana cannabis users who do not take advantage of MMJ cards are losing out on a lot of benefits. There are significant differences between recreational and medical marijuana. Here are some benefits you get if you have a medical marijuana card:
- Better Limits – Whereas strict rules limit how much marijuana recreational users may obtain, holders of MMJ cards can purchase more. For instance, in Arizona, residents who are 21 years and older can have up to one ounce of cannabis. MMJ cardholders may possess up to 2.5 ounces. Additionally, you can cultivate more marijuana if you have a medical marijuana card.
- Age – If you are above the age of 18, you can apply for a medical marijuana card. This will give you access to legal cannabis. Patients under 18 years and who have medical conditions requiring treatment using medical marijuana can get it if they have MMJ cards.
- Access – If you hold a medical marijuana card, you have greater access to dispensaries that sell medical marijuana. Most dispensaries require you to produce an MMJ card to buy cannabis.
- Costs – You will be able to enjoy lower prices if you have an MMJ card. Medical marijuana enjoys waived taxes. This pushes its price significantly lower than its recreational equivalent.
- Legal Issues – Should you be implicated in a legal issue regarding marijuana, an MMJ card comes in quite handy.
- Reciprocity – This means that if you are a medical marijuana cardholder, some states will accept an out-of-State MMJ card.
Which is the Best Telehealth Platform for MMJ Doctors?
It is important and convenient to have the best telehealth service by qualified MMJ doctors, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic period. The best provider for getting such services should have a deep understanding and knowledge of technology and have expert personnel.
One such platform is Veriheal. They have perfected telehealth technology and scheduling platforms to make it easier for you. If you want to get the best Arizona medical marijuana telehealth services, Veriheal is perfect for you. All the technology they utilize is built in-house by a team of highly qualified experts.