ISLAND DEF JAM SIGN R&B GROUP BRUTHA / VIDEO

brutha_8187-edit_300_rgb1_phixr.jpgTheir self-titled debut out 12/23 will be supported with a 6 episode reality show on BET entitled, Brothers to Brutha, which begins on Tuesday, November 18th – just after the season premiere of Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is, the highest rated show on the network!As the only R&BG group on the Def Jam Roster, their 5 part blended harmony is such a refreshing sound amidst the current R&B landscape.

Love of family and music. Those are the energizing forces behind Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Entertainment latest R&B discovery, Brutha.

“I Can’t Hear the Music” Featuring Fabolous:

SKOPE IT HERE!

Powered by a strong family bond, these five brothers resurrect the goose bump-raising harmonies and thrilling showmanship that were the hallmarks of groups like the Jackson 5, New Edition and Boyz II Men. However, Brutha represents more than just a contemporary facsimile of these popular icons.

Equally talented, the Harrell brothers–Anthony, Jared, Jacob, Cheyenne and Grady– couple crystal-clear, five-part harmony with high-energy dance moves and a genuine exuberance for their craft.

In short, Brutha is the real deal: bringing back the magical group dynamic sorely missing in today’s music. In fact, Brutha’s natural ability not only netted a recording contract with Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Entertainment but also an upcoming BET reality show, “Brother to Brutha,” premiering Nov. 18.

Recorded primarily in Atlanta, the group’s self-titled album will be released Dec. 23. Collaborating with the soulful quintet was a who’s who in songwriting and producing, including Jazze Pha, Shae Taylor, the Corna Boyz, the Heavyweights, Rodney Jerkins and 112 founding member Daron Jones.

www.youtube.com/user/BruthaTV

15 comments for “ISLAND DEF JAM SIGN R&B GROUP BRUTHA / VIDEO

1. Sharray Reed
    October 15, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Hello, my name is Sharray and I am 28 and going through identity self fulfillment due to the absence of a father (very complicated situation). I would just like to say that I am just seeing an episode of brothers to brutha and I must say it hit very close to home. It was the episode where you’ll went home to see your dad. I cried and cried. I just want you’ll to know that I will be praying for you and hoping you will pray for me. And remember to ALWAYS put God first and he will take care of the rest. I pray you’ll much success. Love you my brothers.

2. B. J Johnson
    March 5, 2009 at 7:56 pm

My name is B.J Johnson and i am from the small city of fort worth, TX. I am currently attending school here in missouri. I watched the show over and over. I would definitely say that you men have potential to be the best that you can be in whatever it is that you choose to do. I have 5 lil brothers my self and speaking from experience I would tell you all to watch some things that you say to one another ( name calling & cursing ) after all you all are brothers and your there to strengthen and encourage one another not tare down alright…..i attend Lincoln University the only H.B.C.U here in jefferson City Missouri, man it would mean alot if you all come perform up here honestly…….We need to see more positive young brothers trying to do something today, not only in the music industry but in, corporate america, school and most of all church……I did not get to see you alls spiritual side but I pray that God pours out blessings to you all and he keeps you together……Stay up young brothers

3. ALEXUS
    February 23, 2009 at 4:13 pm

POPPAP YU IS SEXY I LOVE YU SO SO MUCH.

4. eric
    January 11, 2009 at 12:00 am

The cd is exceptional! I was trying NOT to like it because I don’t normally like the whole boy band thing! The thing is they are talented and to me every song has the potential to be a hit single. However if there are people that really like this group purchase the cd and even get a couple of extras for people you know. Their current single is not making alot of noise on the charts and record companies stop supporting the album if the second single does not take off. If you want this group around tell people to buy their stuff and stop burning copies of it for friends. It only cost $9 at Walmart.

5. norman
    December 10, 2008 at 7:59 am

Man all 5 of yall is poppin man im from la to so im feeling what yall go through.yall gonna blow Up big just make sure yall do a song with lil wayne the chixxs gonna be on it…cali love

6. lexis
    November 22, 2008 at 2:44 pm

i think dis iz a good group cant wait tell dey cd come out dec.23 my fave of the group iz papa they can all sing i luv dey song she’s gone my fave a side from be with u dis group gone go far hope dey go on tour soon.

7. Nikki
    November 22, 2008 at 10:47 am

I know Koko Jacob aka Jake and Poppa are the bomb

8. angel
    November 20, 2008 at 10:02 pm

this group is what i miss most about r an b groups no way do they sound like pretty ricky and they dont have to be raunchy to get womens attention they are all handsome an unlike most groups they can all sing so they dont have to pretend to rap or humm in the back like some other people in groups that fall apart cause only one can sing. they are wonderful and they will bereally successful.

9. November 20, 2008 at 12:29 pm

i really think there should not be fighting between yall cause like i said you young
    guys are brothers . sometimes brothers do fight and curse but please be careful to wat you say and do

love yall,sister
    ms.kieshia caliente holding it down from va aka cali

10. staci
    November 20, 2008 at 10:50 am

I reaLly liKe the gr0up they aRe sum talentEd men and reaLLy liKe papAs v0ice…. thEy g0t p0tential

11. November 18, 2008 at 12:39 pm

I really like yall show but please behave because once you become a group you guys have to stick together . And you guys are cute and sexy so please send me and up date.

12. Bry
    November 18, 2008 at 10:54 am

They all fine but the one with the braids the sexy one of all.My favorite Song they got out now is brother. I Heard that song last week and its already stuck in my head. I cant wait to tonight to watch some more of it .They can really get down and if Day 26 and Brutha have a contest i dont who will win can they both can get down.

13. KoKO
    November 15, 2008 at 3:55 pm

I love this group and i’ve heard some songs on yheir CD and i can’t wait for it to come out!!!..They are all sexy but Jacob aka Jake is sooooo sexy and Papa…they can blow!!!

14. November 12, 2008 at 6:58 pm

i like youy all your very talented and good singers.i especially like the oldest one he speaks from his mine and has a very cute silky baby face

15. JaNise
    November 10, 2008 at 12:04 pm

I think that the brothers are all fine, but if they are going to do this they should not sound like pretty ricky because it will confuse the fans. Though I believe this group will be totally different it is imperative that the brothers maintain their own style.