Marianne Keith’s Beautiful Distraction in stores now!
“Kiss Me in the Rain” (first single) audio stream:
Kiss Me in the Rain” video stream:
Beautiful Distraction is the engaging debut by 22-year-old Redlands singer-songwriter Marianne Keith. Full of introspective sentiments, pop sensibilities, Marianne’s expressive emotions, and keen sense of melody, lively songs such as “Kiss Me in the Rain,” give way to the composed passion found on “That’s Just the Way Love Goes.” Sultry numbers like “The Angry Song” easily connect with the open emotions and raw musical talent found in the piano ballad, “Sideways Rain.”
“I tend to write a lot of poppy songs, but I also balance them with quirkier, more unique songs,” says Keith. “Some of my songs are kind of feel-good in a way, but they’re not bubblegum.” Integrating pop, folk, country and more into her musical mix, Marianne crosses musical boundaries much like the diverse female musicians who inspire her: Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, and KT Tunstall. Keith’s many fans have learned not to be fooled by her small frame and young age, her vocals command the room as if she were an old pro.
Keith has been singing in church from the age of six, and decided to play guitar and write her own music when she was 16. Local gigs led to bigger audiences and accolades such as winning the Orange County Music Award in the Best Country category for the charming and up-tempo “Make You Mine.”
“People think that in order to be some great songwriter, you have to have gone through some sort of tragedy. And I don’t have a tragic life at all,” she says. “But as I see more and more of the world, I think I have something to say and share about it. I think a lot of people have had lives similar to mine.”
* Beautiful Distraction is singer-songwriter Marianne Keith’s debut
* Standout songs include award-winning “Kiss Me in the Rain” and up-tempo “Make You Mine”
* Inspired by Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, KT Tunstall
* Keith has been singing in church from the age of six, and decided to play guitar and write her own music when she was 16.
* Voted one of the top five artists in Orange County for Best Live Acoustic Female and won the Orange County Music Award in the Best Country category for the charming and up-tempo “Make You Mine”.